1.You: Have you come to the place where you have the assurance of your salvation? (Or accepted Jesus as your personal Saviour?)
2. They: No I haven’t. (If they say I think so, or I’m trying it’s a no.)
3. You: May I share with you how I have come to know Jesus as my Saviour and have the assurance of eternal life?
4. They: Please do.
5. Your Personal Testimony: I discovered in my life that I did not have the power necessary to make things better. It seemed things kept getting worse and worse, and I was unable to fix them, and worse then that, when I die that would be the end of all things, with nothing beyond this life to look forward to. It was then that I found that the bible says. (Your personal testimony continues with parts a, b, c, & d below.)
1. (Everyone Needs Jesus) Romans 3:10 23. There is no hope without Jesus, because “there is none righteous and all have sinned.” And even when I try, I fall short, but the good news is that Jesus came into this world and offered me not only eternal life, but also help and victory in this life as well. And then I found it says in:
2. (Eternal Life Is A Gift In Jesus) Romans 6:23 that Jesus offers me “the gift of God, which is eternal life,” and He will give me victory in my everyday struggles. And it also says in:
3. (Eternal Life Comes When We Receive Jesus) John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” And I found that it also says in:
4. (Pray & Ask Jesus Into Our Life) Revelation 3:20 that He is standing at the door knocking, and if anyone hears His voice and opens the door, He “will come into him and dine with him.” And all I must do is but pray and ask Him to come into my life, like He promised. So, I prayed to Him that I want to be what You want me to be, I want to do what you want me to do, I want to go where you want me to go, and Jesus came into my heart. And I now feel at peace and have the assurance of salvation, because Jesus came into my heart, and forgave my sins. (About one minute long)
6. You: Is there any reason why you wouldn’t want to accept Jesus as your Saviour? (10% of the people in your community want someone they know & trust to ask them this question today. And 86% would also come to church if invited by a friend they know & trust.)
7. They: No, there isn’t.
8. You: Are you comfortable praying and inviting Jesus to be your Saviour?
9. They: I don’t know how. (98% of the time)
10. You: Then would you be comfortable in repeating a prayer after me?
11. They: Yes.
12. They: Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for your love for me. I know I am a sinner, but You have said that You want to forgive my sins. Please forgive me for all my sins, and I thank You because You have promised that You would. Today I choose Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. Please give me the gift of eternal life, and I thank You that now I have eternal life because of your death and resurrection.Now help me to live in such a way that I may be a blessing to anyone I can. In Jesus’ name, Amen
(Some people aren’t with Christ and they don’t want Christ. And when you ask them they will be very firm about it. When that happens say, “I just wanted to help you as best I can, but I will respect your wishes.” Then drop it at that. When somebody says no, it’s no. Honour their wishes, but don’t stop being their friend. Just don’t go where they don’t want you to go, but continue to minister and be their friend. However, that almost never, ever happens. Most people understand your motive; they understand you and they are very receptive to what you are saying.)
13. You: “Welcome to the family of God. According to the bible, your sins are now forgiven. According to the bible you have eternal life, Jesus is now in your heart and your name is written in the book of life. You are now a fellow Christian.” (You have just acknowledged and confirmed that their sins are forgiven and that they have eternal life. You do that on the authority of the scripture. So, shake their hand or give them a hug depending on what is appropriate.)
14. You: What would be a good time next week to learn more about the wonderful love of Jesus? (End of Personal Testimony)
(Kevin has had people shout, “Praise the Lord.” Some people have tears in their eyes. Some a look of awe and wonder on their face, but in every case, there is a transformation that takes place, when that person opens their heart to Jesus, and Jesus comes into their heart.)
The following section contains the texts to be used in your personal testimony. Memorize each of the 4 parts below and include them in your personal testimony with at least some of the supporting texts in your own words.
1. Everyone needs Jesus:
a. Romans 3:10 There is none righteous, no, not one.
b. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned & come short of the glory of God.
c. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus our Lord. d. Jeremiah 13:23 Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.
2. Eternal Life is a Gift in Jesus:
a. Romans 6:23 (Last part) but the gift of God is eternal life.
b. Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and not of yourselves. It is a gift, not God, not of works lest anyone should boast.
c. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
d. John 6:37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
3. Eternal Life Comes From Accepting Jesus:
a. Revelation 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
b. 1 John 5: 11-13 And this is the testimony: that God has given of His Son. And this is the testimony, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
c. John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
d. John 5:24 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
4. Prayer of Accepting Jesus Into Their Life (No Scripture for step 4) Is there any reason, why you wouldn’t want to accept Jesus into your life as your Lord and Saviour? (10% of the people in your community want to be asked this question. And another 86% will go to church if invited by someone they know.)
I will praise
the Lord with my whole heart.
For God so loved
the world that He gave his only son.
reaches unto the clouds.